"People like me" gives you an idea of how much others like you have saved for retirement. You can also see how likely it is that you are saving enough for retirement.
"People like me" is for people between the ages of 25 and 65 years who are working and saving for retirement. If you are more than 65 years old, you must not be retired or have started taking your pension for the test to provide accurate results. If you are less than 25 years old, you must have a job and be saving up for retirement for the test to provide accurate results.
We will now ask you to answer six questions. Under each question, we will provide you with some factual information relating to your answers. At the bottom, you can see what we have done.
"People like me" cannot stand alone in terms of assessing whether you should change your current contribution because it is based on statistics only. If you are a Danica Pension customer, we recommend that you take a Danica Pension Check to get clear answers as to whether you are saving enough for retirement or whether you need to change your pension contribution. A pensions check-up will also tell you whether you should change your insurance policies. Use the link on the last page.
- We have obtained the number of Danesin retirement who find that they have not saved enough for retirement from the "Undersøgelse om Privatøkonomi 2011" survey (survey of personal finances), a report prepared by the Money and Pension Panel.
- The life expectancies of people who have just retired were calculated as the average life expectancies of 60-year old men and women in 2012. We used the statutory state pension ages as our basis. If you are younger than a certain age, your state pension age has not been determined yet. In that case, it will follow the general trend in the life expectancies of Danes. If your state pension age is yet to be determined, we will use the estimate prepared by the Danish Ministry of Finance for when people of your age can start taking their state pension.
- We have applied data from Statistics Denmark and data on Danica Pension customers to estimate the pension savings of Danes.
- The figures of pension contributions made by Danes were provided by Statistics Denmark.
- The probability of whether you are saving enough for retirement is based on results from our own customers who have taken the Danica Pension Check.